How Do I Send Form Results In An Email Message?
You can send form results (data that a site visitor enters in your form)
in an e-mail message. Each time a site visitor submits a form, a
message containing the results of the form is sent to the e-mail address
you specify. You can also configure other options for the messages,
such as the text for the Subject line and the address for the From
(Reply To) line.
Note: In order to use this feature, the Microsoft FrontPage Server
Extensions must be installed on your Web server and they must be
correctly configured for e-mail. If you experience any problems using
this feature or receive any error messages, contact Technical Support
about correcting the configuration.
1. In Page view, right-click the form, and then click Form Properties on the shortcut menu.
2. Click Send to.
3. In the E-mail address box, type the e-mail address to which you want
to send the form results. If you do not want results saved to a file in
addition to being sent in e-mail, clear the File name box.
4. Click Options, and then click the E-mail Results tab. You can set
properties for the results e-mail as needed, such as the format of the
text and whether to include form field names in the results.
5. In the Subject line box, type the text that you want in the subject
line of the e-mail. If you leave this box blank, the default subject
line in the e-mail will be "Form Results."
6. If you want the subject line of the e-mail to contain the results of
one field from your form, select Form field name, and then type the name
of the field in the Subject line box.
7. In the Reply-to line box, if you want a specific e-mail address to
appear as the sender of the e-mail (the From or Reply To line in the
e-mail), type the address. However, if your form contains a field that
collects the site visitor's e-mail address, you can use that address as
the sender's address. Select Form field name, and then in the Reply-to
line box, type the name of the form field.