Windows Firewall Issues
Microsoft has recently included a new Windows Firewall in XP Service Pack 2, and Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1. The new Windows Firewall provides many functional enhancements, among which is a client side (local to the computer) Firewall. This Firewall closes several ports used by NovaNet, and also blocks necessary access to .exe files that are required for NovaNet to function correctly.
TO CONFIGURE THE WINDOWS FIREWALL TO FUNCTION WITH NOVANET
1. Select Start | Run | firewall.cpl (this will bring up the firewall properties window).
2. Select the Exceptions Tab, and select "Add Program"
3. Add all files with an EXE extension located in the software installation directory to the exceptions list.
4. Close the Firewall Properties window.
NOTE: In some instances it may be necessary to shut down the Windows Firewall during the initial installation of the software to allow the clients to join the NovaNet database zone.
TO DISABLE THE WINDOWS FIREWALL
1. Select Start | Run | firewall.cpl
2. Select Off at the Firewall Control Applet
3. Once Yosemite Backup's Clients have joined the zone, repeat step one
4. Select On at the Firewall Control Applet
NovaNet should now function correctly with the Firewall installed by Windows XP Service Pack 2, and Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1.