The following information was obtained from the SmarterStats Forum Site:
The first thing to do is run a diagnostic on the site by going to the
system admin login, then going to Manage Sites > Actions > Site
Info. Then choose Run Diagnostic.
Corrupt files need to be reimported, usually, which requires the
original log files to be present.
If any file is corrupt under a monthly folder, the whole month will need
to be reimported. To do that, do the following:
1. Stop the SmarterStats service on the machine
2. Rename the month folder (for example 2004-01) to bak_2004-01.
3. Open SiteConfig.xml with notepad and remove any rows that have dates
in that month. Then save the file
4. Start the service back up.
5. If it is just one of the files in the root of the
SmarterLogs\WebLogs\## folder, and NOT an xml file nor hosts.sitedat, it
can be deleted with the service stopped without too much impact
The best overall course of action is to reimport the site from scratch,