Activesync does not support the Corporate Calendar or E-mail
applications for the Motorola Droid, Droid 2, and Droid X. This is
because these phones utilize a special application that does not follow
Exchange Activesync Standards
Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is available as an optional add-on to
SmarterMail. Unlike the other synchronization methods, Exchange
ActiveSync uses direct push technology to sync email, calendars,
contacts, tasks, notes, and folders in real time. Once you have
activated the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync add-on and enabled the
feature for an email account in SmarterMail, the Android device will
need to be configured.
In order to connect your Android device to SmarterMail via Exchange Activesync perform the following steps:
- On your Android device, access the Settings menu.
- Access Accounts & Sync.
- Navigate to Add Account.
- Select Corporate.
- Enter your e-mail address and your password and select next.
- For Domain\Username use the following format \firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your password should automatically be entered. If not, enter it now.
- For the Exchange Server, enter the URL of your web interface (webmail.example.com)
- If you are not using SSL, ensure that Use Secure Connection (SSL) is unchecked.
- Select Next and configure your personal preferences for the frequency and amount of data to synchronize.
- Press Next again, and configure your name as well as the connection name and select Done.
Your Android powered device is now setup to synchronize data using Exchange Activesync